We’re looking for a Parish Office Coordinator!
Fr David is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Parish Office Coordinator to provide administrative and secretarial support to our large and growing parish. This role is a part-time position (26 hours per week).
The Parish Office Coordinator is accountable to the Parish Priest for the following duties, including:
- Oversee and undertaking routine, day-to-day administrative and receptionist tasks such as dealing with routine correspondence (incoming and outgoing letters, emails etc), answering phones/directing enquiries
- Coordination of the Parish Diary and overall administration in relation to Baptisms, Marriages, Funerals, and other sacramental programs, as well as liaising with parish groups and parish ministry leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the parish
- Maintain and update databases for family and sacramental data and Working With Children Checks and Ministry Engagement Forms; coordinate WWCC and Police Checks for volunteers, ensuring renewal system for all
- Maintenance of the parish website, Twitter and Facebook pages (experience in using Joomla a plus)
- Coordinate and oversee work of parish office volunteers
Applications for this role should include a covering letter outlining suitability for the role, addressing the above selection criteria and a resume and the contact details of three referees (one must be a priest or pastor). Referees will only be contacted once an applicant is shortlisted.
Applications can be emailed in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Fr David Catterall PP
St Mary MacKillop Catholic Parish
PO BOX 889
Narellan NSW 2567
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 26 October 2018.